Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Hump Day!


Yeah...I actually just said that. But seriously, the weekend is only two days away! Get pumped!
         I recently got accepted to a summer academic program in Paris this July and I am SUPER excited about it...all I've been doing is looking at pictures of the city, planning what famous landmarks I'm going to visit, and of course looking up where to do the best vintage shopping! It is Paris after all -- fashion capital of the world -- so I am so pumped to show off my style when I'm visiting and do some serious shopping for some French designer labels. My biggest problem, however, has been and remains to be packing. Seriously. One suitcase is never big enough for me. I know I have, like, over two months to plan this out (and could probably figure out over the course of a few days prior to traveling what I'll need abroad), but it's not like me to leave things up in the air. I've been all over Pinterest trying to find the best packing lists for summers in Paris. I originally thought July there would be as hot and humid as July in the States tends to be, but actually the weather tends to fall between 59 degrees Fahrenheit and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, with the norm being around 69, typically. ...What the hell? So it'll basically be like spring. Also, it tends to rain a lot; like, it can be as rainy as London gets (which I also hope to visit while I'm abroad)! So that means I'll be needing not quite as many shorts as I originally thought and even a trench coat/some rain boots. Here's the best packing list I found so far:





Seems like enough stuff to mix and match for a little under a month, right? Well, I'm certainly going to make it my packing goal to keep it to just four items per category (four shorts, four dresses, etc.). It probably won't happen, but it would definitely make the suitcase-lugging much easier at the end of the day!

Stay warm on this chilly day, everyone! Thanks for reading! 

Lindsey (aka the Fashion Freak)

No comments:

Post a Comment