Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Fashion! (Among Other Things)



      Well guys, it's me. I'm back. I know, I know -- you all probably thought I died. That is, if there is anyone out there who actually reads my blog (I'd like to think so!).
      I can't actually describe my excitement over the fact that it's autumn, and October is finally here. I can't even tell you how much time I've spent on Pinterest, browsing through fall foliage pictures and dreaming of pumpkin spice and everything nice (hehe). BUT, along with the wonderful smell of campfires, burning leaves, the changing colors and nature's last "hoorah" before the chill and gloominess of winter, comes fall fashion...and I LIVE for fall fashion.
     What do you do, though, when the days are still on the warmer side? When it's muggy yet somewhat chilly; when it's cool half the day and warm the other half? It's so infuriating to wake up, plan the perfect outfit, walk outside, and then three hours later, you're hot to the point of misery. Time to change, right?
     Wrong.
I'm here to tell you that with just a little extra planning (I like to plan all of my outfits according to the weather for each day of the week every Sunday night), you probably don't have to change multiple times per day.
    Layers are definitely your friend. Layer, layer, layer everything in your closet. This is the time for coat vests, which allow for warmth but not overheating, skinny jeans/leggings paired with flats or pumps (which allow you to skip out on the heaviness of boots) and/or skirts paired with sheer tights (nothing too heavy-duty). 



















Note that these outfits are both great for that confusing weather-rut that we may experience for a few more weeks until the cold weather kicks in.

Enjoy the thrill of fall outfits!  I don't know about you, but I can't wait for sweaters, knee-high boots, and infinity scarves.


~The Fashion Freak~

No comments:

Post a Comment